- Orientation (Pengenalan): provides information about the setting (when and where) and introduces participants/character (who)
- Events(Rekaman Peristiwa, kejadian atau kegiatan yang biasanya disajikan dengan urutan kronoligis): tell what happened, in temporal sequence (personal comment/expression of evaluation).
- Twist(Unexpected Ending or Funny)
- Focus on person, animal, certain thing
- Use of action verbs, e.g.: run, eat, etc.
- Using adverbs of time and place
- Use of Simple Past Tense
- Told in chronological order
- ction verbs/material processes (went, slept, ran, caught, arrived, bought, looked at) E.g. He went to the zoo; She was happy.
- Temporal sequence (on Friday, one day, at the beginning, in the end, first, then, next, before, later, finally, etc)
The example of Spoof:
One day, two villagers went to Jakarta. They went to the biggest mall and saw shiny silver walls that could open and move apart and back together. They were amazed when an old lady rolled in to the small room and the doors closed. A minute later, the doors opened and a young beautiful lady stepped out. The father said to his son “Go, get your mother now.”
The ending of the story is funny because they thought that the doors can change an old lady into a young beautiful lady. Whereas the doors were actually elevator doors.
Spoof Text Analysis
Aren’t you his mother?
(who, when, where)
A young boy was playing with a ball in the street.He kicked it too had, and it broke the window of a house and fell inside. A lady came to the window with the ball and shouted at the young boy, so he ran away, but he still wanted his ball back.
A few minutes later he returned and knocked at the door of the house. When the lady answered it, he said,”My father’s going to come and fix your window very soon.”
After a few more minutes a man came to the door with the tools in his hand, so the lady let the boy take his ball away.
When the man finished the window, he said to the lady,”That wil cost you exactly ten dollars.
Twist (the funny part):
“But aren’t you the father of that young boy?”the woman asked looking surprised,”No.” he answered, equally surprised,”Aren’t you his mother?”
A Bumpy Flight
“This is your captain speaking. We have had a failure in one of our engines. There is no cause for alarm as we still have three engines left. Unfortunately this means that we will be one hour late.”
A short time later the captain again spoke to the passengers:”There is no cause for alarm, but we have just lost another engine. We will no be two hours late.”
When the captain spoke to the passengers for the third time, he again had bad news. “Ladies and gentlemen, I assure you that we are in no danger, but I must inform you that we have had another engine failure. This means that we will now be three hours late.
Finally, the captain announced that the fourth engines had failed.
One of the passengers turned to another passenger and said,”Oh no. That means we’ll be four hours late.