- To persuade the reader or listener that there is something that, certainly, needs to get attention
- To analyze a topic and to persuade the reader that this opinion is correct and supported by arguments
- Thesis : Introduces the topic and shows speaker or writer’s position; Outlines of the arguments to be presented.
- Arguments : It consists about Point and Elaboration Point, states the main argument. Elaboration: develops and supports each point of argument
- Conclusion : Reiteration (restatement), restates speaker or writer’s position
- Focus on generic human and non human participants.
- Use mental processes. It is used to state what the writer or speaker thinks or feels about something, for example: realize, feel, etc.
- Need material processes. It is used to state what happens, for example: has polluted, etc.
- Use of simple present tense.
- Use of relational processes.
- Use of internal conjunction to state argument.
- Reasoning through casual conjunction or nominalization.
The example of Analytical Exposition:
Cars should be banned in the city
|Thesis||Cars should be banned in the city. As we all know, cars create pollution, and cause a lot of road deaths and other accidents.|
|Arguments||Firstly, cars, as we all know, contribute to most of the pollution in the world.Cars emit a deadly gas that causes illnesses such as bronchitis, lung cancer, and ‘triggers’ off asthma. Some of these illnesses are so bad that people can die from them.Secondly, the city is very busy. Pedestrians wander everywhere and cars commonly hit pedestrians in the city, which causes them to die. Cars today are our roads biggest killers.
Thirdly, cars are very noisy. If you live in the city, you may find it hard to sleep at night, or concentrate on your homework, and especially talk to someone.
|Reiteration||In conclusion, cars should be banned from the city for the reasons listed.|
Laptop as Students’ Friend
Conventionally, students need book, pen, eraser, drawing book, ruler and such other stuff. Additionally, in this multimedia era, students need more to reach their progressive development. Students need mobile keyboards to record every presented subject easily. Of course it will need more cost but it will deserve for its function.
First, modern schools tend to apply fast transferring knowledge because the school needs to catch the target of curriculum. Every subject will tend to be given in demonstrative method. Consequently students need extra media cover the subject. Since there is a laptop on every student’s desk, this method will help student to get better understanding.
Secondly, finding an appropriate laptop is not difficult as it was. Recently there is an online shop which provides comprehensive information. The best is that the shop has service of online shopping. The students just need to brows that online shop, decide which computer or laptop they need, and then complete the transaction. After that the laptop will be delivered to the students’ houses. That is really easy and save time and money.
From all of that, having mobile computer is absolutely useful for students who want to catch the best result for their study. Buying laptop online is advisable because it will cut the price. This online way is recommended since online shop also provides several laptop types. Students just need to decide which type they really need.