a) Self Introduction
Here are expressions to introduce yourself:
- I am……. (Mr. / Miss. / Mrs + family name)
- My name is …
- I’m ….
- Nice to meet you; I’m …
- Pleased to meet you; I’m …
- Let me introduce myself; I’m …
- I’d like to introduce myself; I’m …
- Let me introduce myself to you.
- Allow me to introduce myself to you.
b) Introducing people:
- May I introduce you to ….?
- Let me introduce you to …?
- I’d like you to meet ….
- I don’t think you have met …, do you?
- You haven’t met …, have you?
- Have you met …?
- Do you know …?
- This is ….
c) Responding to introductions:
- (It’s) nice to meet you.
- Nice meeting you.
- (I’m) pleased to meet you.
- Happy to meet you.
- Glad to know you.
- How do you do?
- It’s an honour to know you.
- It’s my pleasure to have acquaintance with you.
Expressions used in informal situation :
Hi, Hello, morning, fine thanks, bye, see you.
Examples of Introducing :
1. Hello, my name is Yanti. I live in Ciputat but I was born in Cianjur on May 2nd , in 1998. I study (I’m from ) SMAN 2 Tangsel ( South Tangerang). I choose to study here because …………………
2. Hi, let me introduce myself. My name is Purwo. I’m sixteen years old. I was born on October 17th, 1999 in Solo. I am from SMAN I Solo. I like to study here because ……………..
3. Good Morning, please allow me to introduce myself I am Resti. I was born in Yogyakarta on July 26th, 1999. Now I live in this city, therefore I choose this SMA to study …………………….
- Write two short conversations. One is formal, the other informal. The speakers greet and introduce themselves to each other. They exchange a few words and then take leave of one another. Try to use different expressions in each conversation.
- Write a long conversation in which person A meets B who introduces A to C. Try to use different expressions in each one.