Congratulation is an expression that we use the give the congratulation utterance when he/she succeeds in doing something
|Expressions of Congratulation
- Congratulations on your succeeds
- Happy Birthday
- Happy New Year
- Happy Anniversary
- Let me congratulate you
- That’s great!
- Pretty Good
- I’d be the first to congratulate you on.
- I’d like to congratulate you on …
- Please accept my warmest congratulations.
- May I congratulate you on …
- I must congratulate you.
- It was great to hear about …
- Well done
- Nice one.
|Responding to Congratulation
- It’s very good of you to say so.
- How nice of you to say so.
- Thank you very much for saying so.
- I’m glad you think so.
- Oh, it’s nothing special actually.
- Oh, I have a lot to learn yet.
- Thank you.
- Oh, not really.
- Oh, nothing to it, actually.
- Oh, thanks.
Dialogue 1 :
Roy : Who won the football match yesterday?
Tom : Our team did. We won three to one
Roy : Congratulation. I’m glad to hear it
Tom : Thank you
Betty : Happy birthday, Marry. Many happy return of the day
Marry : Thank you, Betty. You are the first me who congratulates me
Betty : Oh realy? Here is a little present for you. I hope you like it.
Marry : Thank you very much. You are realy my best friend.