Inviting, Accepting & Declining Invitation
- Would you like to ….
- Could you come to…
- I’d very much like
- Would you care to ….
- I’ll really happy if you come to….
- I’m sure that you won’t be disappointed to come to….
- Thank you for inviting me.
- I would/will ….
- That would be very nice.
- I’d like to love to come.
- That’s fine.
- Sure. Why not?
- I’m very sorry, I don’t think I can.
- I’d like to, but ….
- Thank you for asking me, but ….
- Unfortunately, I can’t ….
Ludi Invites Maya to go to a Movie
Ludi : Hi, Maya. There will be a great film tonight. It’s about vampire.
Would you like to go to the movie with me?
Maya : Yes, I’d like tonvery much. When will you pick me up?
Ludi : I’ll pick you at 7.00. Be ready, OK!
Maya : Alright.
Afif is very busy doing his homework. Sheila, his friend, asks him to come to her party.
Sheila : Heloo, this is Sheila. May I speak to Afif?
Afif : This is Afif speaking.
Sheila : Oh, hi Afif. I wonder if you’d like to come to my house right now.
We’re having a great party.
Afif : I don’t think I can. I’m doing my homework. My parents won’t
let me out before I finish my homework.
Sheila : That’s alright.
Afif : I hope you enjoy your party. Bye.
Sheila : Bye.